How to Enable Task Manager in Windows
1. Re-enable the task manager from Registry
The Task Manager can be enabled by modifying the registry entry. In some case the registry access is also blocked by the virus. Then you must get first the access of registry to modify it. If you have the access to registry then follow the steps below:
- Press “Windows Key + R“, type “regedit” in the “Run” dialogue box.
- Navigate to
- Double click on “Disable TaskMgr” at the right pane.
- Set the value to 0.
- Restart the computer.
2. Re-enable the Task Manager through Run Command
You can also re-enable the task manager from the Run command.
- Open Window and click Run
- copy the code below and paste it in the “Run” dialogue box
REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d /0 /f
- Hit OK
- Restart Your Compute
3. You can also make a registry file to enable the Task Manager
If you do not want to edit registry manually then you can make a registry file to enable the Task Manger.
- Open Notepad.
- Copy the following codes exactly as it is in the following:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Policies\System] “DisableTaskMgr” =dword:00000000
- Save the file name as “taskmgr.reg”
Now double click on the registry file that you have created and restart your computer.
4. Reinstalling Task Manager (For XP Only)